Brussel Sprout Salad
Brussels sprouts in shaved form make a great detoxifying salad. Pair it with kale, endive, avocado, pomegranate, and walnuts – you have an antioxidant explosion; great for your body and brain.
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 lb brussel sprouts thinly sliced/shaved
- 4 leaves Tuscan kale w/o stems, thinly sliced
- 1 head Belgian endive thinly sliced
- 1/2 red apple; honeycrisp or fuji cored and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup walnuts lightly toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds lightly toasted
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup olive oil Bragg Organic
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, cloves, lemon juice, white balsamic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until all are combined.
Finely chop the brussel sprouts
Combine sprouts, kale, endive, apple, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl. Add dressing and coat salad.
Top with avocado and pomegranate seeds. Can add additional fresh cracked black pepper.